- 1 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1⁄4 lb salt pork, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak peas overnight, drain.
- Add salt pork, green pepper and onion.
- Cover with water and simmer 2 hours or until peas are tender.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- When peas are done and water has cooked very low, add rice and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot