Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't convince my husband to try these, but I adore them!
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, room temperature (light cream cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Carefully cut each jalapeסo lengthwise.
- Under running water, rinse out the seeds and remove the stems and veins.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cheeses and onions.
- Use a small spoon to stuff each jalapeסo half with the cheese mixture.
- Bake the peppers in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Have you tried wrapping these with 1/2 strip of bacon and baking on a rack in a cookie sheet? Everywhere I have taken them they have been a hit. Johnnie Terry
I am embarrassed to say that this is one of the first Zaar recipes I made, and the ingredients are so simple, I have been making them from memory for the last 2 years. These are wonderful treats, especially if you are watching fat intake. I make these for DH who has heart issues and use the fatfree cheeses with great success, and top them with panko before baking for a little crunch. Thank you Mirj for sharing the recipe, and sorry for not reviewing sooner.
Jalapeños...are those the small really really hot ones? if so Ouch!...if not...yum!