Linda N's Note:
This is a German recipe - a farmer's omelet. I got it over 20 years ago from Southern Living (I think). This has been a family favorite since the recipe was introduced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in 11 inch frying pan and saute potatoes and onion until lightly browned.
- 2Add ham and saute 5-7 minutes longer.
- 3Beat eggs with worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- 4Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with parsley and reduce heat.
- 6Lift the cooked eggs from the edge of the pan with spatula so that liquid can run down and cook.
- 7When omelet is nearly done, sprinkle with grated swiss cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted.
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoppel Poppel
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 164.8 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g