Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe by Elaya K Tsosie "This recipe is a good way to use up a bit of leftover roast beef or ground beef. Good served with hard Pueblo style bread. About the water.. read the recipe you need the 2 cups and the 2 tbsp both
- 1 cup roast beef or 1 cup ground beef, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut from cobs
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Heat shortening in a large heavy skillet. Brown meat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add squash, corn and 2 cups water.
- Simmer about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender.
- In a cup, stir together cornmeal and 2 tbs. water to make a paste. Stir thickener into stew. Stir about 5 minutes to prevent sticking.