1/2 Photos of Hope's Yummy Bean Dip
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
5 minutes is all it takes to make this creamy, smooth and yummy bean dip. It is similar to a hummus but different enough to be called MINE and ALL GONE! lol I found this recipe years ago on the Kraft website I think and changed it up to make it my own. Those who turn their nose up at it but then later try it become hooked instantly. Great with Pita crisps or veggies. Update: Changed the amount of salad dressing listed to 1/2 to 1 cup. Originally posted as 1 cup but some reviewers felt that was too much. Please start with 1/2 cup and add more to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
- 2In blender or food processor begin to puree beans while drizzling salad dressing in through the top.
- 3Add any or all of the optional ingredients in the same manner.
- 4Process or blend until smooth.
- 5Pour into serving dish and drizzle olive oil on top if desired.
- 6Paprika sprinkled on top makes a pretty garnish as does a little minced parsley.
- 7Serve with raw veggies, pita crisps, etc --.
- 8Note: I know Mama said 'Do not play with your food" but this recipe is so much fun to play with. Try anything you like blended into this. Sundried tomatoes, or some good quality olives like kalamata or greek would be great- remember to pit them! Just add them during the puree'ing.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hope's Yummy Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 959.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g