1 hr 15 mins
I collect celebrity recipes, but this is one I had and didn't know it until today. This recipe from Hopalong Cassidy (actor William Boyd) was found in A Cowboy Christmas. He says, "This is a fine recipe that will be utterly ruined if you cook the chickens over too hot a flame."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up chicken; wash and drain, but do not wipe dry.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Roll in flour.
- 4In a deep skillet, fry out the bacon until there is deep fat in the pan; remove bacon.
- 5Add butter and chicken.
- 6Cook slowly in hot fat, turning frequently, until chicken is well browned.
- 7Remove chicken to a hot platter.
- 8Add bacon and milk to the cooking fat; stir thoroughly.
- 9Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 10Pour over chicken and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hopalong Cassidy's Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2250.8
- Calories from Fat 1532
- Total Fat 170.3 g
- Saturated Fat 81.6 g
- Cholesterol 605.8 mg
- Sodium 1108.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 100.4 g