Recipe by Dug
Easy Hot Wings that come out of the oven crispy without the hassle of deep frying.
Top Review by IngridH
Really yummy! I love wings but rarely want to go to the work of deep frying them. This was a nice alternative, and saved a few calories. I cooked them on a rack placed over a baking sheet, so that any grease would not stick to the wings. They were very easy to make, and I'll definitely do so again!
- 20 chicken wings (separated at the drumette)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (like Tabasco, or Frank's)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, cayenne, garlic and salt in a large zip-lock bag (or a bowl).
- Coat wings in flour mixture and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in refrigerator to cool and firm up the coating for an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix melted butter and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Gently coat wings in sauce mixture and place back on cookie sheet in single uncrowded layer.
- Bake for 45 min turning half way.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing to dip.