Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy Hot Wings that come out of the oven crispy without the hassle of deep frying.
- 20 chicken wings (separated at the drumette)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (like Tabasco, or Frank's)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix flour, cayenne, garlic and salt in a large zip-lock bag (or a bowl).
- Coat wings in flour mixture and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in refrigerator to cool and firm up the coating for an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix melted butter and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Gently coat wings in sauce mixture and place back on cookie sheet in single uncrowded layer.
- Bake for 45 min turning half way.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing to dip.
Really yummy! I love wings but rarely want to go to the work of deep frying them. This was a nice alternative, and saved a few calories. I cooked them on a rack placed over a baking sheet, so that any grease would not stick to the wings. They were very easy to make, and I'll definitely do so again!
Thanks Dug, this was an awesome recipe. This too was my first time making chicken wings and they turned out great. Although I altered the recipe slightly. Made 12 wings, didnt cut em in half either. Also no flour and no butter. :) Tried to be a little less fatty, but i know now why I would do a little better next time with the flour. <br/><br/>Also my wings didn't stick to the baking sheet (I did NOT use oil/pam/etc). I live in europe and I noticed when I was back home in KY, when I baked cookies, they stuck to the sheet. The paper I use here, nothing ever sticks, it's awesome. I can essentially keep . using the same sheet for multiple batches of cookies until the paper itself starts to turn brown, then i change of course. :D
These wings were fabulous !!!! Next time I will try them on a cookie rack, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing !!!