Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dip for these fabulous wings.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 20 chicken wings or 20 chicken drumsticks
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml light butter
- 118.29 ml hot sauce
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika in bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture.
- Reserve leftover mixture.
- Refrigerate coated chicken at least 1 hour.
- Coat chicken in leftover flour mixture.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder just until butter melts, then keep warm.
- Deep fry chicken, 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes.
- Drain chicken on paper towels.
- Immediately place chicken in Tupperware bowl.
- Pour half the hot sauce mixture over chicken (first 10 pieces).
- Cover and toss to coat.
- Repeat with second batch of chicken.
- Wings can be frozen and reheated in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- NOTES : Use ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dip for these fabulous wings.
These wings were fantastic ! My husband never had buffalo wings before so the other night I made these...needless to say I will have to double the recipe the next time. The only change I made was that I baked them instead of frying. I've always done my wings this way...you can't tell the difference. Lightly spray Pam on a jellyroll pan, line up the wings and refrigerate...use the same pan to bake them at 400 degrees for 35-40 min. turning once after 20 min. or so.
Great wing recipe !! I've been asked over and over for it. I use boneless chicken and cut them in small portions to fry.
These were just fantastic for our Super Bowl party. I left the wings in the flour batter (and just put the bag and all in the fridge) Put all the cooked wings in a casserole dish, poured the sauce over them and baked them slowly. OMG!!! They were so good. I will have to make them for my boss who goes to Hooters once a week for wings... THESE ARE BETTER!!!!!