Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe from my Grandmother's old recipe cards. I've finally made it and it is very good. Would make a great breakfast type cake, good with coffee or tea, some fresh strawberries, or ice cream. I've used both pecans and walnuts.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Mix well for five minutes.
- In small bowl combine nuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Grease bottom of a tube pan.
- Put 1/3 of nut mixture in bottom of pan.
- Pour half the cake batter over nuts.
- Repeat with 1/3 nut mixture, then remaining cake batter, and finally the rest of the nut mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake is done.