Recipe by Primetime021
This recipe is one that I created by myself, so be aware. It reminds me of a western dish, because of the potatoes being cooked the way they are, it takes on a western taste. The word “Hootenanny” was put in the title because in Mario Party 2 on Western Land, you can invite everyone to a hootenanny, which is just so much fun! While I was eating this, I thought of that, so I called it “hootenanny potatoes and mushrooms” Sorry for the measurements, but I really hate to cook using actual numbers. How I feel is how I cook.
Top Review by amy.cleaveland
This recipe is a delicious concept! I used leftover boiled potatoes and omitted the mushrooms. I was sure to heat the oil in my cast iron pan before adding the potatoes; they came out wonderfully browned and crispy. Thanks for posting!
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil your pan, cut the potatoes, either sliced of cubed, and put them inches Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Let sit, or feel free to keep flipping and moving the potatoes around.
- Which ever method you prefer, is up to you.
- Just before the potatoes begin to brown, add the Cajun Seasoning (amount is your preference).
- Make sure that all the potatoes are seasoned.
- After about another minute, add the mushrooms.
- You can add another amount of cajun seasoning if you want it extra spicy.
- After everything is cooked to your liking (I say"to your liking" because some people like their potatoes cooked longer and some shorter) you can remove from your pan, and enjoy!