Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Volcano Pancakes" may be a more appropriate name. The pancake will rise a few inches above the pan while baking. My family says the tall sides are the best part. This is fast, simple, and delicious and it's so easy to have the ingredients on hand. I got this from another website and am posting it for my cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Put entire stick butter into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Put pan with butter into the oven until butter is melted.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and salt until frothy.
- Add flour.
- Beat until mixed.
- Pour over melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with syrup or jelly.
Fantastic! We loved these. They are so easy to make and super fun to watch bake. They taste like a mix between french toast and pancakes and were great with maple syrup. Will be making these often.
We used real, unsalted butter for ours.
This recipe has been my kids favorite breakfast for years! We call it Puffy Oven Pancakes, but Hootenanny sounds fun!
We love it! Had fresh peaches needed to do something with and it was awesome. Made pancake just as recipe. Super fun for kids.