Recipe by Kickapoo
"Volcano Pancakes" may be a more appropriate name. The pancake will rise a few inches above the pan while baking. My family says the tall sides are the best part. This is fast, simple, and delicious and it's so easy to have the ingredients on hand. I got this from another website and am posting it for my cookbook.
Top Review by Marie0930
Fantastic! We loved these. They are so easy to make and super fun to watch bake. They taste like a mix between french toast and pancakes and were great with maple syrup. Will be making these often.
We used real, unsalted butter for ours.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Put entire stick butter into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Put pan with butter into the oven until butter is melted.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and salt until frothy.
- Add flour.
- Beat until mixed.
- Pour over melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with syrup or jelly.