1 hr 10 mins
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it's a fun recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- 2In a another bowl, combing flour, baking powder and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- 3Separate dough into two pieces: 1/3 and 2/3.
- 4Chocolate Dough: In a small bowl, mix together cocoa powder and baking soda. Combine with 1/3 of the dough. Work 1 tablespoon water into the chocolate dough. Form into two 10" logs.
- 5Take the other 2/3 of the dough and divide into two pieces. On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 10 x 4 rectangle. Place chocolate dough in center. Mold vanilla dough around chocolate dough, forming a log. Repeat with other piece of vanilla dough.
- 6Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 2-24 hours.
- 7Heat oven to 350°F.
- 8Cut dough into 1/8" slices. Lay two slices side-by-side on a cookie sheet. These are the owl eyes. Next, pinch the upper/outer corners -- to resemble the horns or feather tufts that owls have at the top of their heads.
- 9Next put a peanut butter chip in the center of each eye. Then add a cashew "nose" between the eyes.
- 10Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoot Owl Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g