1/2 Photos of Hoot Owl Cookies
3 hrs 8 mins
A friend gave me this recipe but the original creator is Natialie Riggin from Olmypia, Washington. Two slices of refrigerator cookies are baked together with chocolate chips for the eyes and a cashew nut for the beak. A clever party cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- 2Cream butter, gradually add brown sugar, creaming well. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- 3Blend in the dry ingredients gradually; mix thoroughly.
- 4Melt chocolate together, cool and add baking soda.
- 5Remove 2/3 of dough to floured surface. Blend chocolate mixture into remaining dough; chill if necessary for easier handling.
- 6Roll out half the light dough to a 10 x 4 1/4" strip. Shape half of dark dough into a roll 10 inches long; place on strip of light dough. Mold sides of light dough around dark: wrap in foil. Repeat with remaining dough. Chill at least 2 hours.
- 7Cut into slices 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and place two slices toghter on a greased baking sheet to resemble an owl. Pinch a corner of each slice to form ears. Place a chocolate chip in the center of each slice for eyes; press a whole cashew nut between slices for a beak.
- 8Bake 350f 8-12 minutes. Remove from sheets immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoot Owl Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: