Recipe by Outta Here
This is from an old food BBS. My apologies to whoever posted it originally. WARNING: This is NOT low anything :)
Top Review by Chilicat
This is a lot like a fruit cake - very moist and dense and full of fruits and nuts. It would probably be good with some candied cherries. :) The taste of the whiskey really comes through, which I think is what helps make it so yummy. I had to use a larger pan (I didn't have the right size) so mine only took an hour to bake. This is really good stuff!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lb golden raisin
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter with the sugar and the eggs.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and add it to the butter mixture. Stir in the milk.
- Put the baking soda into the molasses and mix. Add it to the butter and milk mixture.
- Add the raisins, nuts and whiskey. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours. (Test after 1 hr.)
- Remove pan to wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Turn cake out of pan onto rack. Cool Completely.
- Keep leftover cake wrapped in foil, in the refrigerator.