1/1 Photo of Hoosier Tenderloin
I love pork tenderloin sandwiches and haven't been able to find a good one since I moved away from MO. I found this recipe in a book by Jane and Michael Stern, who ate at Nicks Kitchen in Huntington, Indiana. I don't know whether this recipe is the Sterns' or the restaurant. Either way, it sounds like a keeper! Time allowed doesn't include the 12-16 hours of soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound pork tenderloin until it's 1/4" thick.
- 2Mix together buttermilk, 2/3 cup flour and eggs to make a paste.
- 3Cover tenderloins with this mixture and refrigerate 12-16 hours.
- 4Heat 1" of oil to 350 degrees in a large skillet.
- 5Remove soaked pork from dish, letting mixture drip away.
- 6Bread pork with crushed crackers, patting the crumbs in so they stick.
- 7Fry each slice until golden brown, turning once. Total cooking time for each slice should be 6-8 minutes.
- 8Serve on bun with mustard, pickle slices and raw onion.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoosier Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 761.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: