Recipe by weekend cooker
A recipe I came across while visiting the Indiana State Fair.
Top Review by Outta Here
The meatloaf turned out very moist and tasty. Left out the green pepper, since I don't care for it and vice-versa :) I think I would leave the nutmeg out of the sauce next time, though. The JD and the tomatoes worked, but didn't care for the nutmeg flavor.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups oatmeal, raw
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canred gold stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons whiskey, Jack Daniels
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, pork, oats, onion and green pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add beef granules, pepper, allspice and thyme to beaten eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour into meat mixture and blend with hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Place into loaf pan, shape and bake in oven at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
- For the sauce, pour stock from meatloaf pan into a small saucepan.
- Add onion, and cook until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes, Jack Daniels and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Serve over warm slices.