Recipe by Chef Mommie
Posted for ZWT3. I didn't see one like it! A savoury dish that you eat as soon as it comes out the oven. The bread bowl takes the place of a soufflé dish.
- 1 loaf bread (country round)
- 8 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs (or Boursin cheese)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup cremini mushroom (chopped)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Hollow out the loaf of bread. Save the hollowed-out bits for another use.
- Rinse the spinach and place the wet spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Press out all the water and chop the spinach.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and saute the spinach and mushrooms for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, break up the cheese into little bits. Add the mushroom-spinach mixture and the egg yolks and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peak.
- Gently fold whites into the cheese-egg yolk-vegetable mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the hollowed loaf.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the soufflé is cooked.