Chef Mommie's Note:
Posted for ZWT3. I didn't see one like it! A savoury dish that you eat as soon as it comes out the oven. The bread bowl takes the place of a soufflé dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Hollow out the loaf of bread. Save the hollowed-out bits for another use.
- 3Rinse the spinach and place the wet spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Press out all the water and chop the spinach.
- 4In a skillet, heat the butter and saute the spinach and mushrooms for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5In a bowl, break up the cheese into little bits. Add the mushroom-spinach mixture and the egg yolks and mix well.
- 6Beat the egg whites to soft peak.
- 7Gently fold whites into the cheese-egg yolk-vegetable mixture.
- 8Pour the mixture into the hollowed loaf.
- 9Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the soufflé is cooked.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hooray !!! Bread Bowl Soufflé !!!
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 513.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs