This recipe was given to me by some dear friends. I'm not sure where they got it from but the story behind the dish as described to me: In Italy, women of the night would prepare this dish for their customers late in the evening. It could be made quickly from things that would be on hand in a normal Italian kitchen. The women could keep their operation going easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, pealed and chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Place olive oil in frying pan and add the minced garlic. When garlic is browned a bit, add olives, capers, tomato and anchovy filets. Stir well and cook for about 6 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
- 3Place the pasta in a bowl, add half the tomato/anchovy sauce and toss well. Add the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle the parsley, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes. Serve hot.
- 4It can also be eaten later, cold. You may want to adjust the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to your own taste. This is great with salad and garlic bread! Enjoy!
- 5The time to prepare and cook is an estimate.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hooker's Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.5
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 593.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.8 g