Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken casserole with both regular and low fat versions. Got this from my great aunt after eating it at a family reunion. Every time I've served it the recipe wasn't requested by someone. You can add a cooked vegetable (broccoli, peas, etc.) and have a one dish meal. I always make this when I need a fresh supply of chicken stock. After boiling the chicken, I get cooked chicken fo
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 ounces sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages Ritz crackers
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Mix the the first four ingredients together.
- Crush the crackers.
- Melt butter, pour onto crackers and mix.
- Place a layer of crackers, layer of chicken mixture, layer of crackers, layer of chicken, layer of crackers in a casserole dish (I usually spray it with non-stick spray first).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- To make a low fat version use the yogurt instead of sour cream, use skim mozzarella and leave off the butter.
- You can also add cooked vegetables to this and make a one dish meal.
This was very good. I used canned chicken, but followed the recipe otherwise. DH really enjoyed this. Thanks so much! Made for BB Tag,2011.