Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a terrific recipe for "hooch" party punch. This drink is reminiscent of something you'd have on a booze-cruise in the Islands or something. It's fruity and contains rum and what could ever go wrong with that??? This recipe is great for large crowds or a summer party, picnic or BBQ as it makes a good amount. This recipe is compliments of my dear Sister-in-Law who serves it in one of those big orange Gatorade jugs with a spigot at every summer gathering - think they also whip up a batch to bring out on the boat too... It's good stuff, I'll say that! ** Note: you may see white flaky tiny specs in the punch from the Coco Lopez - that is normal ** Also, you MUST use Sailor Jerry's Spiced Navy Rum, it's what makes it. Sailor Jerry's is a 92-proof blend of Caribbean-style rum with hints of vanilla, lime, cherry, cloves, cinnamon and other spices." You must also use Goya brand nectars as listed below. Enjoy!! :-)
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cansgoya mango nectar
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cansgoya papaya nectar
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cansgoya guava nectar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Coco Lopez, cream of cocounut
- 1 (750 ml) bottlesailor jerry's spiced navy rum
- 1 (12 ounce) cangoya pineapple juice
- 64 ounces Sunny Delight orange drink (Original Sunny D)
- 1 lb ice cube (bag ice cubes)
- Combine mango, papaya, & guava nectars in large jug. Add in about 1.5 cans of the Coco Lopez (don't add full 2nd can just yet). Stir in the Sailor Jerry's Rum - the whole bottle. Add 1/2 can of the pineapple juice. Use one of the empty nectar cans and add Sunny D to fill one can. Add in that can (11.5 oz.) of Sunny D.
- Stir well & taste to see if you need to add another can of Sunny D. It's up to you how strong you like it. Also, you may or may not want to add last bit of Coco Lopez. 1.5 cans may be enough. Stir ice into jug as desired and serve individually over ice.
- ** If you're having a big party & want to make more, just use 3-4 cans of each of the nectars and the gallon size Sailor Jerry's Rum and titrate rest of ingredients to taste. Sis-in-Law says she always buys 3 of each of the cans anyway in case you need to make up more as people drink it.
AWESOME! This is our new party punch and we have renamed it...Hoochie Mama Punch. Thank you for a great recipe!!