Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Tasty appetizers and simple to make.
- 1⁄2 lb lean cooked ham, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 large ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed and strained lemons or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger
- Thread the ham cubes on small, wet bamboo skewers, alternating them with the papaya cubes and leaving enough room at one end of each skewer to handle. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Dip the skewers in the seasoned butter and broil, preferably over charcoal, 3 to 4 inches from the heat, turning and basting occasionally with the butter, about 6 minutes or until the ham and papaya are glazed and lightly browned. Arrange the skewers on a heated platter and serve hot. Makes 8 servings.
- The International Appetizer Cookbook.