Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great drink and it can be made with alcohol or not! It's so good, you'll be sticking little paper umbrellas between your teeth and dancing on tables! I have even tried this with Tequila.Great for pool parties, picnics and for no reason at all!
- 3 tablespoons jamaica rum (can use ginger ale rather than alcohol)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (please use fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice (frozen or canned)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients. Add cracked ice, and shake briskly.
- Strain into a tall glass that is two thirds full of cracked ice.
- If desired, garnish with sprig of fresh mint, pineapple chunk, and maraschino cherry.
This was a little strong and bitter for me with the jamaican rum. Jamaican rum, to me, is always so prominent in drinks even when using just a little. I would love it with coconut rum or even regular rum. It was good as is, I just would have to modify it to my tastes! Thanks for the recipe!
This drink taste great but for us, there is not enough rum in it. I'll try with more. Thanks Fluffster. Made for Favorite Cookbook tag game 2008
This is terrific! Cool and refreshing and goes down so smooth! I tried it with regular rum and coconut rum and both were delicious. I'll make this often - thanks for sharing! Made for the A Taste Of Yellow - LiveStrong Event, May 2008