1/1 Photo of Honk if You Love Cheezus!
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
An award-winning, over-the-top grilled cheese that'll make people flock to your feet begging for mercy. Hold on... I have to get the door. Sheesh, they won't leave me alone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 cup emmenthaler cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy
- 1/4 cup white wine, plus
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 8 slices sourdough bread, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small whole garlic clove
- 1Combine and mix the four cheeses with the brandy and white wine in a large bowl. Brush olive oil on one side of each bread slice and turn over. Spoon cheese mixture evenly on 4 of the 8 bread slices. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, oiled side up.
- 2Heat a large Teflon coated non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Put the sandwiches in the skillet (in batches if necessary) and cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt. Uncover, and turn the sandwiches with a spatula. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Turn once more and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from pan and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Cut sandwiches in half, rub the garlic clove over the top of each sandwich and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honk if You Love Cheezus!
Serving Size: 1 (929 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.9
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 1175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: