Recipe by Chabear01
Posting this recipe for World Tour 2006. In English this is Honey Roasted Almonds. Recipe taken from internet site RecipesbyCindy
Top Review by brokenburner
I made these and then put them in an empty canister of commercial honey-roasted almonds... and everyone thought that they WERE commercial. Nobody could believe that I made them, and they said that these were even better than the store-bought honey-roasted almonds. We'll be making these again. I did use a sheet of silver foil instead of waxed paper. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups almonds, whole with skins on
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons almond oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the almonds in a single layer in a shallow ungreased baking pan and place in cold oven. Bake at 350°F, stirring occasionally, until the internal color of the nut is tan to light brown, 12 to 15 minutes. (The nuts will continue to roast a little more after they are removed from the oven.) Set the roasted almonds aside.
- Thoroughly mix the sugar and salt, and set aside.
- Stir together the honey, water, and oil in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the roasted almonds and continue to cook and stir until all of the liquid has been absorbed by the nuts, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the almonds to a medium-sized bowl into which some sugar mixture has been sprinkled. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the almonds and toss until they are evenly coated. Spread the almonds out onto a silicon pad or parchment paper. When cool, store at room temperature in a tightly covered container or plastic bag. Will keep up to 2 weeks.