Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Mexican variation on sauteed mushrooms and peppers. Can be used for a burrito filling.
Make and share this Hongos Con Pimientos (Mushrooms With Peppers) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, halved
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup Cotija cheese, grated or crumbled
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is just soft, being careful not to brown garlic.
- Stir in peppers and cook until mushrooms are done. Peppers should still be crisp.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.
This is quick and easy and quite healthy. I also liked it stuffed in a wrap.