Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This decadent coffee/tea beverage from Hong Kong is delicious hot or iced. Experiment to find the proportion of coffee to tea that suits you best. This recipe is basic 1:1. A second can of evaporated or condensed milk may be used for a richer, creamier drink. Malaysia has a similar treat called "Kopi Cham".
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup black tea leaves (or six black tea bags, strings removed)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (or use sweetened condensed milk)
- 3 cups strong coffee
- Bring water to a boil. Add tea leaves/bags and simmer three minutes.
- Stir in milk. Simmer 3 more minute.
- Stir in coffee. Stir in sugar to taste. Strain.
- Serve hot or chilled over ice.