Recipe by dicentra
I'm always looking for new ways to cook fish.
Top Review by pegschroeder
Absolutely delicious! I served it for dinner earlier in the week - my husband liked it so much I made it again Saturday night for dinner guests. A few modifications : I sautéed shallots along with the garlic and retained them instead of discarding. I also added cherry tomatoes to the spinach and I served it over jasmine rice. My dinner guests gobbled it up!
- 2 inches fresh ginger
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 4 (6 ounce) sea bass fillets or 4 (6 ounce) grouper fillets
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel ginger, and cut into thin strips. Cut green onions into 2-inch thin strips; set ginger and green onions aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup vegetable oil into a large skillet; place over high heat until hot. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 seconds; remove and discard garlic.
- Add spinach to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly wilted. Spoon spinach onto serving plates, and keep warm.
- Place fish in a steamer basket or bamboo steamer over boiling water; cover and steam 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place fish on spinach; top with ginger and green onions.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup vegetable oil and sesame oil in skillet; place over high heat until hot. Drizzle over fish.
- Bring soy sauce and next 3 ingredients to a boil in skillet. Drizzle half of mixture over fish; serve immediately with remaining mixture.