Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This fried noodle dish is great for those looking for a flavourful, and fairly quick, Asian style dinner solution.
- 1 (14 ounce) packageof steam fried Chinese noodles
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, cut to 1-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, shredded
- 8 ounces chicken, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon water
- 10 fluid ounces chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce, 1 tsp Sherry and 1 tsp water in a bowl. Marinate chicken in it for approximately 1/2 hour.
- Mix 10 fl oz Chicken Broth, 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce and 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce. Set aside.
- Put the steam fried noodles in a pot of slightly salted boiling water. Boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook. When cooked pour into a colander and let drain and dry.
- Heat the wok and add the 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil,swirling to coat the sides. Add the steam fried noodles and fry until about half the noodles are browned and crispy. Place noodles on an oven-friendly plate and place in the oven at minimum temperature to keep warm.
- Add the 2 Tbsp of Oil to the wok. When Oil starts to smoke add the Green Onions, ginger and garlic for a few seconds until it starts to soften. then add the bean sprouts and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the marinated chicken and fry for 3 minutes. Add the Chicken broth mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is done. Mix the corn starch with the water and stir into mix. If gravy does not thicken to your desire add more cornstarch.
- Pour over the crispy noodles and serve.