Recipe by SusieQusie
Marinating the Asian flavors overnight enhances their sweet and pungent appeal. Scrape marinade bits off the meat before grilling, so they won't char. From Simply Delicious® by Parade® food editor Sheila Lukins. Cook time includes marinating time.
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons asian chili oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marinade ingredients in shallow bowl. Add the flank steak; coat well.
- Marinate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning once or twice.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. (Be sure to scrape any ginger or garlic bits off the steak.).
- Cook over high heat on a well oiled grill, 3 inches from the heat source, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare meat.
- Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak thinly on the diagonal and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.