1/2 Photos of Hong Kong Fish in Curry Sauce
This easy and delicious dish can also be prepared with chicken, shrimp or scallops. Note this recipe has been updated to reflect gracious suggestions from Ready Set Cook #9 Contest reviewers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fish fillet, any white fish such as orange roughy, tilapia, flounder
- 1 cup white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 white potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, folded delicately with a rubber spatula (not beaten)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1In two separate bowls, mix together marinade and flavoring sauce ingredients.
- 2Cut fillet into 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Dry the fish with a clean kitchen towel, pressing out any excess water.
- 4Marinate fish for 15 minutes.
- 5In a skillet, heat 2 T oil over medium-high heat and pan fry the fish on both sides until lightly browned, about one to two minutes per side; transfer fish to serving platter.
- 6Heat 2 T oil over high heat; stir fry the onions for a few seconds.
- 7Add the curry powder, potatoes and carrots; stir fry until well-blended.
- 8Add the flavoring sauce; cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes and carrots are tender, about 12 minutes.
- 9Return fish to pan and mix gently.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hong Kong Fish in Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.3
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 903.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 31.5 g