Recipe by Sophie's Momma
This is straight from Hong Kong, where my husband and his friend lived for 2 years. They soaked up the rich culture and this recipe was something they came home with! It's delicious and simple!
- vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 3 -4 potatoes, cleaned and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package curry sauce mix (I use "Golden Curry", use 2 bricks from the block for mild flavor, 3 bricks for stronger)
- 8 ounces coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep, non-stick pan, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and set over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken. When it begins to turn brown, add potatoes. Stir.
- Add onion and green pepper to pan. Cover.
- Break off desired amount of curry bricks from block and add to the pan. Add a few tablespoons of water to help dissolve.
- Stir in coconut milk until sauce is creamy.
- Add pineapple chunks and stir. Cover.
- Allow to simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed jasmine rice and enjoy!