Recipe by Rita~
A delicious golden jelly that tastes a bit like honey with a hint of pineapples.I you enjoyed my dandelion jelly give this one a try!
- 4 cups fresh edible flowers, packed honeysuckle blossoms (no buds and no green parts)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces pineapple juice, strained through a filter
- 3 tablespoons dry pectin
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over flowers and allow to steep at room temperature till cool then place in refrigerator for overnight.
- Keep the mixture in the ‘fridge and use it within one week.
- Drain the liquid from the flowers using a coffee filter or cheese cloth. Measure 4 cups of the liquid, add to large pot with pineapple juice, pectin and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then add sugar. Bring to a boil again, boil for a minute and a half to 2 minutes. Remove any skim on top.
- Ladle immediately into hot, sanitized jars. Add caps and rings. Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes, if desired.