Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great Southern side dish. This recipe was passed down to me by my husband's grandmother, "Honey", a sweet Southern woman who loved to prepare meals for her family. This is my favorite of her side dishes.
- Butter a casserole dish (I use a rectangular 1. 5 qt... round one works well, too).
- Beat eggs until frothy and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt and sugar.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add milk and cook until thick.
- Stir in corn.
- Stir in eggs that have been beaten.
- Pour into well buttered casserole dish.
- Bake in a hot water bath at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- (Sit the dish down into a larger pan or casserole dish that contains an inch of water).