Here is a recipe for a yummy butter coffee cake that uses sour cream and lots of cinnamon sugar. Don't be shy with the cinnamon, although some people prefer using 1/2 the amount. It is a matter of personal taste. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and just made it this morning. I wanted to share it here on 'zaar.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream; beat well.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix together the cinnamon and 1 cup of sugar. Sprinkle most of it over the batter in the pan. Spread the rest of the batter into the pan and sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.