Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This scrumptious, healthy broccoli quiche is quick, ridiculously easy, and oh-so-yummy! My grandmother made this quiche frequently to feed her five children! IMPORTANT NOTES: I put the package of frozen broccoli in the microwave for four minutes to thaw. Then, I drain it in a strainer and it's ready to be mixed in with everything else.
- Preheat oven to 425 F and bake pastry shell 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Cook chopped onion in margarine in a saucepan until tender, about five minutes.
- Put bouillon cubes into milk and microwave for two minutes. Make sure the bouillon is completely dissolved, and beat in eggs, nutmeg, and cumin.
- Toss cheese and flour. Add to egg mixture and stir well. Add thawed, drained broccoli (see note above) to the entire mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared pastry shell and bake for 30 minutes or until set.
Hi! This looks great and is currently in my oven, so I'll add stars after trying. I subbed 1/2 a cornbread recipe for the crust and poultry seasoning for the cumin and nutmeg.
There are 2 discrepancies which I have noticed:
1. What flour? Step 5 calls for adding flour which is not in the ingredient list.
2. When do we add the onions? With the broccoli? (I actually cooked them but missed adding them, so will try it next time.)
Looks like a great recipe, just needs some editing!
Tried it! Delicious!!! Five Stars!!!
Excellent and easy! This was the first time I had ever made a quiche....Yummy!!! Thank you Laurelelise94!