Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Look Mom, no barbecue sauce-a very simple ribs recipe from my mother in law. It's also economical because you don't need to use babyback ribs, and can be served anytime of the year.
- 3 lbs spareribs, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Broil ribs close to broiling unit until well browned.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the ribs.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for one and a half hours.
- Baste and turn at least four times during the cooking time.