If you marinade the fish for 1/2 hour at room temperature your end result will be a subtle and distinctive flavour. Be careful not to overcook the fish or it will become dry and flavourless. You may substitute with any fresh firm fish you like.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey, liquid
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb red snapper, fresh, 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 equal pieces each
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple, fresh, 1 1/2 " cubes
- 1 orange bell pepper, 1-inch squares
- 2⁄3 cup cremini mushroom, small, whole
- 4 skewers, long, wooden (soaked in water 2 hr)
- In a medium pan combine, butter, lemon juice, parsley, soya sauce, honey, salt and hot sauce, bring to boil over medium heat for 3 minutes to blend seasonings, remove from heat, stir and set aside until needed.
- Wash and dry fish, cut into 1 1/2" cubes and set aside.
- Cut orange peppers into 1" squares and pineapple into 1 1/2" cubes, also cut each bacon slice into 4 peices.
- Now assemble your 4 kebabs in any fashion you desire; using 4 long skewers and all of the fish, fruit, vegetables and bacon.
- Place the prepared kebabs in a deep dish and pour the sauce over the skewers, let them marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook on grill or broiler for 5 minutes, baste and turn, cook 4 minutes longer (or until fish is done) baste and remove from heat.