1/2 Photos of Honeyed Snapper Kebabs
Baby Kato's Note:
If you marinade the fish for 1/2 hour at room temperature your end result will be a subtle and distinctive flavour. Be careful not to overcook the fish or it will become dry and flavourless. You may substitute with any fresh firm fish you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey, liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb red snapper, fresh, 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 equal pieces each
- 2/3 cup pineapple, fresh, 1 1/2 " cubes
- 1 orange bell pepper, 1-inch squares
- 2/3 cup cremini mushroom, small, whole
- 4 skewers, long, wooden (soaked in water 2 hr)
- 2In a medium pan combine, butter, lemon juice, parsley, soya sauce, honey, salt and hot sauce, bring to boil over medium heat for 3 minutes to blend seasonings, remove from heat, stir and set aside until needed.
- 4Wash and dry fish, cut into 1 1/2" cubes and set aside.
- 5Cut orange peppers into 1" squares and pineapple into 1 1/2" cubes, also cut each bacon slice into 4 peices.
- 6Now assemble your 4 kebabs in any fashion you desire; using 4 long skewers and all of the fish, fruit, vegetables and bacon.
- 7Place the prepared kebabs in a deep dish and pour the sauce over the skewers, let them marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 8Cook on grill or broiler for 5 minutes, baste and turn, cook 4 minutes longer (or until fish is done) baste and remove from heat.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honeyed Snapper Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 500.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 26.9 g