Recipe by Chef Kate
So simple and really delicious. From Ellen Yin, co-owner of Fork and Fork: etc., Philadelphia. I use thyme honey from Greece when I can, but any good honey will do. Ms. Yin recommends clover honey.
Top Review by Redsie
Used regular carrots that I cut in big pieces. cooked the carrots in the microwave and then brushed them with honey and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes. They turned out very tasty but not caramelized - was too hungry to put them back in the oven...!! Thanks Chef Kate! :)
- 3 -4 lbs baby carrots
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil and blanch the carrots for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain carrots in a colander and place in a single layer in a baking pan; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brush the carrots liberally with honey and bake until the honey has caramelized, 7 to 8 minutes.