Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The classic holiday dessert gets a sweet twist with honey-laced filling and Southern-style pecan-brown sugar topping. Serve with coffee or tea.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface.
- rolling pin, roll crust into 13-inch round; place in 10-inch deep-dish pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat pumpkin, honey, salt, nutmeg and allspice on medium speed until blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- On low speed, gradually add milk, beating until well blended.
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until edge is set. Cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours.
- Set oven control to broil.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over pie.
- Broil with top 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until topping is bubbly.
- Store in refrigerator.