Recipe by Norahs Girl
A very simple tasty dish
Top Review by Jen T
I really loved the flavour and the simplicity of this dish. I served it with my "Last Minute Carrots" recipe# 28440 on the side, for a contrast in colours. This was an easy low fat/low carb dish. For a change I will also be serving just the honeyed pork over rice because we enjoyed the flavour. Thanks for posting such a great dish. Cheers :)
- 30 ml olive oil
- 500 g pork fillets, cut into thin strips across the grain
- 500 g Baby Spinach
- 30 ml cornflour
- 60 ml water
- 30 ml clear honey
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml dry sherry
- 5 ml five-spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sauce first by mixing the cornflour with the water to form a paste, then stir in the honey, soy sauce, sherry and five spice powder.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat.
- Add the pork and stir fry for about 3 minutes or until lightly coloured all over.
- Add the sauce and stir for 1- 2 minutes until the pork is coated.
- Remove from the wok and keep warm.
- Place the baby spinach in the wok and gently toss once or twice, allowing the spinach to wilt slightly.
- Serve the honeyed pork on a bed of spinach.