Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sublimely simple and tastes great!
- Peel the pineapple, cut into 4 wedges, and slice off and discard the core from each piece.
- Cut each section into narrower wedges or triangles.
- The pineapple triangles can be threaded onto skewers.
- Put the pineapple in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Coat it with the honey.
- Let it rest for at least 15 minutes or up to several hours.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil coated with nonstick spray.
- (This greatly eases cleanup-- broiled honey can really stick to a pan.) Place the pineapple on the baking pan, then put it under the broiler.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until the edges turn light brown.
- Turn thick pieces once during cooking, using long-handled metal tongs.
Super easy side dish. Nice treat alongside coconut-battered fish or shrimp. I sprinkled it with cinnamon and baked it in a 350 F oven along side my main dish for about 30 min. Was lovely.
Delicious! I also had a casserole going so baked the pineapple and then broiled briefly to brown. Wonderfully simple and good.