Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My mom found this recipe on the Internet. She tried it and liked it. So I will try it some time. My mom used all berries...(raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur or 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 6 cups mixed seasonal fruit (any variety, except bananas)
- 3⁄4 cup wisconsin mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon cream sherry
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine grape juice and the 1/4 cup honey. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the 1/4 cup orange liqueur or sherry.
- Place fruit in a large bowl. Pour warm honey mixture over fruit. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, the two tablespoons honey, the 1 tablespoon liqueur or sherry and crystallized ginger. Cover and chill until serving time.
- To serve, spoon fruit into dessert dishes. If necessary, stir a little milk into mascarpone cheese mixture to make it smooth and spoonable. Spoon over fruit. Garnish with additional crystallized ginger, if desired.