Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a variation of my Blueberry Fig Jam "very Low Sugar" Blueberry is a big requested jam. I had lots of fresh figs so I combined the 2 and made this. Using only 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup honey. I did crush the figs and blueberries in the food processor. Check out infused honey for optional flavors http://www.food.com/cookbook/infused-honey-130206 Cookbook #130206
- Mix pectin and sugar together.
- In a large pot add remaining ingredients with the pectin mixture.
- Bring to a full rolling boil. About 10 minutes.
- Test for jelling.
- Pour into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 head space.
- Be sure to remove vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks if used.
- Wipe rims and place sterilized lids and rings on.
- Process in a boiling water bath covered by 2 inches of water.
- Altitude times.
- 1,000-3000 for 5 minutes.
- 3000-6000 for 10 minutes.
- 6000-8000 for 15 minutes.
- 8000-10,000 for 20 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool for 12-24 hours.
- You can remove rings and wipe jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.
sweet and yummiliscious. Perfect blend of fig and blueberry. I was almost tempted to eat the entire jar.
This is delicious jam! The flavor is absolutely divine. It was my first attempt at making jam, so I wasn't sure when it was ready. I should have let it cook a little longer I guess, because it is very runny. I don't care a bit though! Yum
YUMMY! I was the lucky recipient of a goodie basket from you and this jam is the first I tried. I LOVE it. Homemade jam just tastes soooo much better! Had it on toast with my morning tea and it was divine. I love that it isn't overly sweet. As I took my first bite, my eyes widened and I thought, bye bye Smuckers! Funny side note, I don't can so I had a tough time getting the top off and used a screw driver to pry it off and the lid flipped across the kitchen so the jam splattered all over the counter, cabinets, an open drawer, etc...i was licking it all up like crazy! Thank you so much for this plus my other gifts, I'm so totally touched. And again this is the best jam I've ever tasted...until I open your next one!