Recipe by Cookin In Texas
Little chicken with a honey soy glaze. OOOH these are so goooooood.
Top Review by psyguy
Outstanding! Typically my wife is the chief cook; this reipe put me in league with her. My eldest ask me for the recipe. Very close to Great American Recipes Poultry at Its Best Card 1.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 250°F.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch squares.
- Combine flour,salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in eggs then coat with seasoned flour.
- Pour oil into large frying pan. bring up to frying temperature.
- When oil is hot enough, Add chicken half portion at one time,
- Cook turning as needed until chicken is golden brown. cook a total of 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat soy,honey,sherry,garlic and ginger in a small pan.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain briefly.
- Dip chicken into honey mixture then place on a rack set into a baking pan.
- When all chicken is cooked then dipped.
- Bake at 250F for 20 minutes (But brush with glaze after 10 minutes).
- Serve hot or at room temperature.