1/2 Photos of Honeyed Chicken Breasts
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Posted for ZWT6 Asia region. From Bento.com recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boned
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 ounces baby corn cobs, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 8 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 pieces bottled gingerroot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons syrup from bottled ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan or wok until the butter has melted.
- 2Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning once.
- 3Add the garlic and leeks and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the red pepper, baby corn, sugar, honey, stock, soy sauce, stem ginger, ginger syrup and vinegar. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked well through, about 20 minutes.
- 5Blend the cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of cold water and stir into the pan. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce is thickened and clear.
- 6Cook for a further 2 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honeyed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1016.5
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 219.7 mg
- Sodium 1489.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 68.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: