Recipe by Leta
Delicious chicken, veggies and fruit in one dish. Serve with steamed rice.
Top Review by Malriah
I made this for my boyfriend and his buddy. My boyfriend took only one bite. He didn't like it. His friend said that he wasn't impressed with it but he at least cleaned his plate. I really didn't care for it either. I think I have to agree that it was alot of work but the taste didn't reflect it. I hate giving low ratings but I really feel that this recipe wasn't as good as some of your others. Sorry!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated pared fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, cut into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in half or thirds for manageable serving size pieces.
- Coat chicken with cornstarch.
- Heat vegetable oil in fry pan over high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling and set aside.
- Pour all but 2 Tbls of oil out of the pan.
- Stir-fry the ginger and garlic in the oil over medium heat about 1 minute.
- Add pineapple and pepper strips to ginger mixture.
- Stir-fry over high heat 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Mix water and remaining 2 tsp cornstarch.
- Blend in honey, bouillon granules and sesame oil.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Cook and stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Place the chicken and pineapple-pepper mixture in a baking dish.
- Top with honey sauce and green onions.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- *Theoriginal recipe calls for 1 whole chicken, cut up Chinese style into serving pieces.
- I find the chicken breasts easier to use, and we prefer the boneless meat.