Recipe by Mercy
Cooking time is actually the cooling time.
Top Review by Bergy
Tasty combination that takes a carrot to a new flavor level. I used young carrots from the garden, quartered them and simmered them in the honey mixture for 6 minutes. They still had a bit of crispness to them. I cut the recipe back to one serving with no problem Thanks Mercy for a delightful carrot recipe
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 48 cut baby carrots (about 8 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all ingredients except carrots.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, add carrots, stir, and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated and carrots are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Serve, room temperature, in a bowl with toothpicks on the side (flat toothpicks will hold the carrots more securely).