1/1 Photo of Honeyed Carrot Cake Butter
6 hrs 10 mins
A honey-sweetened apple and carrot puree is cooked down to a luscious, caramel-like spread before being laced with ground walnuts. Whether on your morning bagel or piped onto cookies or into phyllo shells for dessert, it's a winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine apples, carrots, honey and apple juice in a covered casserole.
- 3Roast for 2 1/2 hours, until carrots are very soft.
- 4Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree (or pass through a food mill). Return to the casserole dish.
- 5Re-cover and bake another 1 1/2 hours, then remove the lid and bake a further 30-40 minutes, until dark brown and very thick.
- 6Stir in the nutmeg and walnuts.
- 7Cool completely, then store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honeyed Carrot Cake Butter
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g