Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Side dish to Salsa Pasta Ole
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 cups cantaloupe, cubes
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a medium bowl.
- Add the honey and cinnamon and whisk until blended.
- Pick over the blueberries, rinse, and drain well.
- Add the blueberries and cantaloupe to the lemon honey and toss gently to coat.
I was afraid 2 tbs. of honey might make this fruit dish too sweet. It didn't at all--in fact, it turned into a hardly noticeable coating imparting just a hint of sweet cinnamon flavor. I too added a bit more cinnamon, and it didn't overpower the taste. Thanks, figaro, for giving plain old fresh fruit a bit more pizazz.
How did you know that the blueberries are fresh and the cantaloupe was on sale?!?! What more could you ask for in this dish - NOTHING! This is heaven and it's even better spooned over a bed of fat free cottage cheese.
We already had some cut canteloupe in the refrigerator, and had just bought some blueberries. So when I saw this easy recipe, we just had to try it. It was a very delicate change from just the fresh fruit, but just enough to make it more interesting. Like "Kathy," I think it might be even better with a touch more cinnamon. Thank you, figaro8895.